Saturday, September 8, 2012

Back from the Abyss, updates, and Anubi fun

So I fell off the earth for a while apparently.  Those Antediluvian oceans are so tricky.  I have a bunch of projects half finished, started, etc.  Things I will write about in the coming weeks include some of my work on Basti and Sebeki, chariots for various factions (some from Croc parts, some not), conversions/green stuff work I am doing for a female Dispossessed army using WGF Amazons as line troops and heroes from all over the place (I am not very good with green stuff sculpting but I enjoy the challenge of it), and other odds and ends.  This post will mostly center on four units of Anubi that are very close to being done and an unit of Necropolis Guard that is only just getting started.  There is also my very much halfway done Harbinger and his replacements that are barely started.

Group Shot
Group Shot

Speaking of the Harb.  Dude needs lots of work but I think he will fit in nicely with what I am trying to do with this army.  I also have an alternate Anubi Harbinger and an Asar Harbinger of Anubis that need a ton of work.  The Anubi alternate will have a shield in his off hand eventually.  I just normally leave shields off until the end.

Harbinger
Harbingers


The first two units that are largely done are Anubi Slingers.  Yes I managed to track down Anubi Slingers, 24 of them.  eBay was the main source but Fitz and Debs at the Croc helped out a bit as well.  These units still need some detail work (the eyes especially), basing, and hand weapons added to them.  But I would not be unhappy if I had to slap them on a table right now.  They are my version of table top quality.
Slingers with Hero and Embalmer
Anubi Slingers with Hero
Anubi Slingers
Anubi Slingers 


The next unit is an Anubi Swords unit.  Out of the 19 line troops and the attached Hero I would say 16 are well on their way.  The Hero, Standard Bearer, Musician, and one of the line troops still need some work.  I still need to base all of them, do some detail work (damn eyes again), and the shields are just not going well for me lately.
Anubi Swords 
The next somewhat complete unit is an Anubi Archer unit.  This is another unit of 19 line troops plus a character.  The Character needs more detail work than the rest but all of them need some details touched on, and basing is needed.  The Green sword was a bit of an accident but I decided I liked it.  I was trying to add some green to the metallic color I was using, it came out really green, I said what the hell and went with it.

Anubi Archers
Anubi Archers 
Anubi Archers 
Green Sword

And last are the very lonely Necropolis guard.  These guys need a ton of work but I want to get them done as the Anubi are fast becoming my favorite army.
Necropolis Guard 
Necropolis Guard
Asar/Necropolis Guard Characters


Later on down the line I have more heroes to paint (3 Reaper Anubis models, 2 from Fenryll, some Asar priests of Anubis, and I still need another Asar hero for this army), three Anubi Chariots with Runners, and an unit of Anubi skirmishers using the chariot runners models (which are pictured in some of the army shots).  The Reaper and Fenryll heroes are huge compared to the Croc minis but are very flavorful.  I may end up using one of the Reaper ones as another Harbinger option, but I am not sure yet.  Much further down the line is the other Asar unit for my Anubi army, a spearmen unit which will be converted to Polearms.  No pics of the Asar unit, as I have done nothing with them yet.  
Chariots
Chariots
Chariots
Chariots
Chariots
Chariots


Chariots
Chariots
Anubi Embalmer
Master of Words and Embalmers
Master of Words and Embalmers
Anubi Heroes
Anubi Heroes
Anubi Heroes
Anubi Champions & Heroes





No comments:

Post a Comment